The Nike+ Accelerator and Portland Seed Fund announced their classes this week. Congrats to all the newly-incubated – we're looking forward to your demo days, and to learning more about your businesses this spring.
The inaugural Nike+ Accelerator class is being supported by TechStars. Each startup has received $20,000 in funding, and office space in the accelerator's new headquarters in Old Town. The teams are working towards demo days in Portland and Silicon Valley, currently scheduled for June.
- FitDeck: Digital decks of exercise playing cards that deliver ever-changing workouts for fitness and sports
- GoRecess: Helps users find, book and review fitness activities
- Chroma.io: An indie game studio that creates virtual worlds tied to real-world activity
- CoachBase: Provides a digital sports coaching platform
- GoFitCause: Leverages fitness data as a means of raising money for charities
- HighFive: Ad network for health and fitness apps that helps people achieve their goals by rewarding them along their journey
- Sprout At Work: Provider of corporate wellness solutions leveraging social and gamification tools to inspire employees and empower employers
- GeoPalz: An interactive gaming and rewards platform for kids and families
- Incomparable Things: Creates activity-driven fantasy sports leagues
- RecBob: Offers a platform that makes recreational sports easy by organizing play
Portland Seed Fund
PSF has attracted a diverse group of startups to its fourth class, including Upstart Labs portfolio companies Measureful and Celly. PSF companies have raised $20MM in follow-on capital to date – the most recent example is Celly, which recently closed a $1.4MM Series A. The companies are working towards a demo day in late May, and a road show to Silicon Valley.
- Alum.ni: Brings enhanced social value and connectivity to alumni networks
- AppThwack: Helps developers to instantly test their web and mobile apps on real mobile devices
- Celly: Allows users to create instant mobile social networks called "cells"
- Indie Vinos: A mobile app that enables impulse wine buying at tastings and events
- Measureful: Helps users aggregate and share pertinent marketing data in a meaningful way
- Minetta Brook: Synthesizes a million news items a day to gain real time “big picture” awareness of developing trends and connections
- Opal Labs: An ideation and innovation platform for teams to surface new ideas and solve problems
- PrestoBox: Helps companies create brands and logos in a few minutes online using a series of revealing questions
- Rally Cause: Enables fundraising for causes by shopping at local merchants
- Simple Emotion: An emotion recognition platform targeting apps for people with developmental disabilities
- Smart Mocha: Enables technologies for the emerging hardware/software 'Internet of Things'