Joe Stump is what you'd call a growth hacker. Our newest Upstart Labs partner is a serial entrepreneur with experience in marketing and development – and almost more importantly, fusing the two together. Joe recently led a seminar on growth hacking at Upstart Labs. Over thirty folks from various companies and startups in the Portland-area joined us to learn more about Joe's success tips. So what did we learn? From tracking people to tracking data, here's a glimpse into his go-to growth hacking toolkit:
- SurveyMonkey – Create and send free web surveys.
- Wufoo – Form builder that creates contact forms, web surveys and invitations so you can collect information, registrations and payments.
- Gooogle Forms – Send surveys or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way.
- Intercom.io - Customer relationship management and messaging tool for web businesses.
- Mixpanel – Advanced analytics platform for mobile and web.
- Sailthru – Analyze Big Data to generate informed, personalized communication with consumers across all digital channels.
- KISSMetrics – Online software for business analytics.
- Sprintly – A project management tool; like Salesforce for software developers.
- Optimizely – Website optimization through A/B testing.
- HubSpot – An all-in-one tool for in-bound marketing.
- Rapleaf – Provides marketing data including demographics and lifestyle data on consumer email addresses.
- FullContact – API that turns partial contact information into full contact information. FullContact provides data enrichment, de-duplication, normalization, and more.
- Mailchimp – Online email marketing solution to manage contacts, send emails and track results.
- Rapportive – Provides rich contact profiles inside your email inbox.
Joe's talk at Upstart Labs was just a taste of the tactics he dives into in his "Growth Hacking for Everyone" class for The Next Web. The next class is held online on March 19, so you don't have to be in Portland or the Valley to join in. This two-hour presentation will cover the essential techniques to enable rapid growth. Go ahead, sign up. You won't be disappointed.